Welcome to Barn Owl Nursery. We started our home based, retail herb nursery in 1982.
For 33 years we have offered a variety of locally grown herb plants. About 23 years ago we started specializing in lavender plants. We hosted our first small Lavender Festival in 1998. Many more varieties of lavender have become available from Oregon growers and the number of different lavenders that we offer has increased each year.
Now we offer a nice selection of culinary herbs with over 100 varieties of locally grown lavender plants. All of the perennial plants we sell have been started from cuttings. This insures that we are getting the correct species and cultivars. The majority of the plants we sell are grown without the use of fungicides, herbicides or pesticides. We do not use any of these chemicals on or near our culinary herbs and lavender plants.
We invite you to visit our nursery May through July and November through mid December. Walk through our sales area and test gardens. You will see different lavenders growing in containers and in our landscape. We have incorporated different herbs with other plants in our garden. Our test gardens are always changing, as we try new varieties of lavender in different locations.
When you visit:
- Chris is available to help you select the best herbs and lavenders for your garden.
She will provide general information about planting and caring for your selections.
- In June and July you will see many different varieties of lavender in bloom.
In mid-June through July, you may purchase fresh cut and dried lavender bouquets.
Check our drying room to see a variety of lavender bundles hanging to dry.
- Every month the nursery is open, you may purchase small quantities of our dried culinary lavender buds and dried lavender bouquets.
We sell our own dried lavender and lavandin buds by the ounce for crafts, potpourris, sachets and weddings.
- We have a variety of sachet bags that may be filled with lavender and potpourri.
Create your own special gifts and sachets.
- We offer information and recipes on growing and using herbs to flavor foods.
We have fragrant and ornamental ideas for using herbs in your home and garden.
- Chris has created printed information to help you select herbs and lavender for your garden.
This information also includes tips for growing, harvesting, and preserving herbs.
To learn more, schedule a private class with Chris for your small group.
- In our unique, barn-like gift shop you will enjoy shopping for a variety of gifts for your home and garden.
We feature local lavender products, a special selection of imported gifts, and creations by local artists.
- Enjoy a complementary cup of our herb tea with an herb flavored cookie or a sample of local preserves.
Stop by for a visit and enjoy our relaxed country setting.
We appreciate your business and thank you for shopping local.
Christine (Chris) and Ed Mulder
22999 SW Newland Rd.
Wilsonville, OR. 97070
Barn Owl Nursery is a member of the: