Welcome to Barn Owl Nursery Herb & Lavender Farm!
Our nursery and gift shop are
May through July and November
Friday, Saturday, Sunday
10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
We started our home based, retail herb nursery in 1982. For 35 years we have offered a variety of locally grown herb plants. About 25 years ago we started specializing in lavender plants and hosted our first, small Lavender Event in 1998.
We offer a nice selection of Oregon grown culinary herbs, with nearly 100 different cultivars of lavender plants. All of the perennial plants we sell have been started from cuttings. This insures that you are getting the correct species and cultivars. The plants we sell are grown without the use of fungicides, herbicides or pesticides. We do not use any of these chemicals on our culinary herbs and lavender plants.
We invite you to visit our nursery and gift shop May through July and in November for holiday shopping. Walk through our sales area and test gardens. You will see different lavenders growing in containers and in our landscape and field. We have incorporated different herbs with other plants in our garden. Our test gardens are always changing as we try new lavender cultivars in different locations. Our gift shop is decorated for seasonal events. You will find a variety of gifts for your home and garden. We offer our own culinary lavender products and a nice selection of herb and lavender gifts for your family and friends.
When you visit:
- Chris is available to help you select the best herbs and lavenders for your garden. She provides general information about planting and caring for your selections.
- In June and July you will see many different varieties of lavender in bloom.
In mid-June through mid-July, you may purchase fresh cut and dried lavender bouquets.
Check our drying room to see a variety of lavender bundles hanging to dry.
- Every month the nursery is open, you may purchase small quantities of our dried culinary lavender and fragrant, dried lavender bouquets and buds.
We sell our own dried lavender and lavandin buds by the ounce for crafts, sachets and weddings.
- We have a variety of sachet bags that may be filled with lavender and herbs.
Create your own special gifts and sachets.
- We offer information on growing and using herbs and our own lavender products to flavor foods. We have fragrant and ornamental ideas for using herbs in your home and garden.
- We have books about growing and using different herbs and lavender. This information includes tips for growing, harvesting, pruning and preserving herbs, as well as culinary and fragrant uses. To learn more, schedule a private class for your small group.
- In our unique, barn-like gift shop you will enjoy shopping for a variety of gifts for your home and garden. We feature local lavender bath and body products and a special selection of imported gifts and creations by local artists.
- Enjoy a complementary cup of our tea with a locally made herb flavored treat!
Stop by and enjoy shopping for plants and gifts in our relaxed country setting.
We appreciate your business and thank you for shopping local.
Christine (Chris) and Ed Mulder
22999 SW Newland Rd.
Wilsonville, OR. 97070
Barn Owl Nursery is a member of the: